Thank you for committing to much-needed local community initiatives – let’s raise vital funds for Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand together. Sign up for My Step Up Challenge Dunedin here. This is a rewarding and fun way to support the 7 Kiwis diagnosed every day with a blood cancer or related condition. You can read more about how your fundraising is making a real difference to patients here.
If you are thinking of joining us for My Step Up Challenge Dunedin on Sunday 11 October 2020, please check out the information below.
How do I register for the 2020 event?
Sign up here if you’re keen to enter the 2020 My Step Up Challenge Dunedin at Forsyth Barr Stadium on Sunday 11 October.
Super Early Stepper $29 from 10th July – 12th July at midnight
Early Stepper $39 from 13th July – 23rd July at midnight
Standard Stepper $49 from 24th July – 5th October midnight
Late Stepper $150 from 6th October – 11th October
This can only be paid by credit or debit card at the time of registration. Please note, the registration fee is non-refundable.
How do I/we fundraise?
By fundraising for this event you are supporting Kiwi blood cancer patients right here in Dunedin, so go for it with your fundraising. We are here to help you reach your $300 fundraising goal and beyond!
My Step Up Challenge Stadium Dunedin is a peer-to-peer fundraising event. When you sign up you will also generate an online fundraising page on our website (if you are signing up as a team you will create a team page and each individual will need to set up their own individual pages within that online team). This is your online fundraising hub where you can ask your friends and families to securely donate to you by credit card or direct credit. Check out our fundraising resources.
Who can take part?
Anyone who is 15 years and over on the day of the event. Go on, give it a go!
On the day
Entrance to the stadium is via Gate F – parking at the venue on Sunday 11 October is free
Registration opens at 8am – please check in on arrival to collect your event bib which must be secured to the front of your top and visible at all times.
Bag check – will be available for your convenience
Opening Ceremony commences at 8:45 – hosted by David Downs
- Participant health & safety induction
- Followed by a group warm up
- First wave of steppers starting at 9am and we anticipate everyone being on course by 9:30
- You will be given your wave time when you check in at registration to collect your event bib on the day
Due to Covid 19 additional health and safety procedures will be implemented to ensure that everyone is kept safe.
If you have any symptoms or are unsure of your health, please do not attend the event
QR Code scanning posters will be available at the entrance and by registration, we ask that everyone scan in on arrival.
Hand hygiene stations will be positioned around the course and main event site.
Hydration stations will be available – however to reduce the risk of contamination we recommend you carry your own drink bottle. Please ensure it is one you can carry comfortably.
Personal distancing – we are fortunate enough to have a generous space to work with – so ask that participants and visitors ensure they maintain appropriate distancing.
Spectators and supporters are welcome – again we ask that you use the QR Code posters to scan your arrival and maintain appropriate distancing and hygiene behaviour.
What is the course like?
As a My Step Up Challenge Stadium Dunedin participant, you will get to experience the only fully roofed natural-turf Stadium in the world, that is Forsyth Barr! This stadium has hosted a huge range of events from unforgettable concerts to community events, conferences, exhibitions and let’s not forget the 100,000 Rugby World Cup fans who partied under the roof! You also have the opportunity to do 3 laps of the stadium, taking on over 5,200 steps up, down and around the turf – or you can decide to do 1 or 2 laps – on event day its up to you.
Inspire your friends, family and colleagues to get involved. You can get fit, have fun and connect with your community. Your team can be as little or large as you like!
When entering as a team in Stadium Climb Dunedin, each participant will complete the course of 5,200 steps or their own challenge of 1, 2 or 3 laps. It’s not a relay event.
Event rules for My Step Up Challenge Stadium Dunedin
Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand (LBC) is committed to providing a fun, safe event for everyone involved. Climbing the stairs can be dangerous particularly when going down. Therefore to help us keep everyone safe, we require all participants to understand and follow the event rules.
- Participants must NOT race down the stairs. Please ensure you hit every step going down. No skipping stairs on the way down.
- Overtaking another participant can only occur when climbing UP or going along a flat section. Never overtake going down the stairs.
- Keep to the left and overtake on the right.
- If you are wanting to pass, it is recommended that you say in a loud, clear voice: ‘PASSING PLEASE’, as you will be approaching from behind and visually the slower participant in front won’t see you coming.
- Please don’t be a lane hog! Step aside for people wanting to pass.
- Participants must ensure their participant bib is visible at all times
- No wearing iPods, MP3 players or headphones of any sort during the climb – we need you to hear us.
- Event marshals will be on hand throughout the course to monitor these rules and ensure they are being adhered to for everyone’s safety
- Remember, sporting stadiums are not built for stair climbing. Stairs may differ in height and aisles may differ in length and gradient. Enjoy the challenge it presents and climb with care.
- My Step Up Challenge Dunedin will take place rain or shine barring any extreme weather conditions that would put the safety of our participants at risk. In the event of inclement weather, modifications to the route may be made to ensure everyone’s safety.
- By participating in My Step Up Challenge Dunedin you are also agreeing to the conditions of entry for this venue.
If you have any queries please contact our events team email@example.com