The Step Up Sky Tower Stair Challenge is a key fundraising event for Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand (LBC). Each year business teams from around New Zealand gain sponsorship and compete for time and fundraising awards at Auckland’s Sky Tower.
The Step Up Sky Tower Stair Challenge is a fun way to bond with your workmates, fundraise for a great cause and complete a very unique challenge. The 2018 event saw over $417,000 raised for LBC! It is the only event that allows members of business teams to climb the tallest structure in the Southern Hemisphere. And for 2019, we have NEW categories!
The 2019 Event
The Step Up Sky Tower Stair Challenge will be held on Friday 09 August 2019. Registrations are open soon, if you are interested in entering in 2019 please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW for 2019
- Who: For the first time you can enter as an Individual, or a team of 3, and we still have teams of 5
- What: Race up the 1,103 steps of the Sky Tower
- Where: Auckland’s iconic Sky Tower
- When: Friday 09 August 2019
- Why: To individually raise $1103 (its just $1 a step!), or $3309 per team of three or $5515 per team of five for Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand
Who takes part
Numerous well-known Kiwi organisations have taken part in previous years including SKYCITY, Fidelity Life, NZ Police and St John Ambulance. Teams spend the months leading up to the event organising a range of original initiatives to try and win the overall fundraising prize.
The money raised from this event funds LBC’s work, including research and support of the six Kiwis diagnosed every day with a blood cancer or related condition and their families. LBC receives no Government funding. Find out more about LBC’s work at leukaemia.org.nz.